Thursday 12 November 2015

Thursday 12th November 2015- Month of prayer and giving guide

07:05 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments
“For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.” (Ephesians 1:15-16)
Paul is celebrating God’s work in the Ephesians; Faith and love always go together and are evidence of the work of God in an individual or community.
Faith in the Lord Jesus and love for God’s people always go together. Faith in Jesus is a gift of the Spirit that enables us to see Jesus as He really is- the Saviour and Lord (See 1 Corinthians 2:14) and the Holy Spirit’s ministry among us will always cause true Christians to increasingly love Jesus’ people.
Faith in Jesus and love for His people will demonstrate itself in many ways, including unity and generosity. As we focus on this building work together, let our faith in Jesus be greater than our fears, let our unity of purpose overshadow our selfish inclinations.
You may like to pray something like this,
“Lord Jesus, I trust you for my salvation and I trust you for all other provision in my life; show me how you want me to demonstrate your love to my church during this month of prayer and giving, amen.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.