Sunday 15 November 2015

Monday 16th November 2015- Month of prayer and giving guide

23:04 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments
‘I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.’(Ephesians 1:17)
Paul prays to ‘the God of our Lord Jesus Christ…’ does this mean that Jesus is less than God? 
No! What this communicates is that Jesus, at His birth (incarnation), became a real man and as such God was His God (see Philippians 2:6-8)
Lloyd-Jones has said,
‘When the Lord Jesus Christ came to earth and took on Him the ‘the likeness of man’,  ‘the likeness of sinful flesh’, He now approached the Father as a man, and so God became His God. Thus He was able to speak of ‘my God and your God; my Father and your Father’ (John 20:17)’
Such is the exemplary humility of Jesus- He obeyed His Father completely (see John 5:19).
As Paul prays to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ’, we are led to ask ourselves if God is our God? Are we, like Jesus, totally committed to His will? Are we approaching this month of prayer and giving with an open heart to be led by ‘the God of our Lord Jesus Christ’?
You may want to pray something like this,

“Lord Jesus, thank you for your perfect obedience, which has led to my salvation. You’ve taught me that obedience to God is always best in every way. I devote myself again to obeying God in every aspect of my life.”





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.