Friday 13 November 2015

Friday 13th November 2015- Month of prayer and giving guide

09:31 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments

“For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.” (Ephesians 1:15-16)
Paul tells the Ephesian church that he has doesn’t stop praying for them.  
This consistency is the overflow of love; the things we love get our time and attention!
His genuine affection causes him to give thanks and pray for this local church all the time. This is the kind of loving affection that Jesus has and will give to each of us by the Spirit.
Paul says this in Philippians
“God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight…” (Philippians 1:8-9)
For this month of prayer and giving to be the success that we would all like it to be, let’s pray that both our praying and giving would be out of the overflow of the ‘affection of Christ’ in our hearts.
You could pray something like this,

“Father, I thank you that you love Community Church Putney so fully and perfectly; Please change my heart that my praying and giving would be pleasing to you because it is inspired by love. In Jesus name and for His glory, amen.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.