Wednesday 18 November 2015

Spirit of Wisdom- Wednesday 18th November 2015- Month of prayer and giving guide

10:55 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
Verse 3. “may give you the Spirit of wisdom…”
Paul is praying that they would grow in the wisdom that the Holy Spirit gives. Wisdom (Sophia) in this context means, ‘broad and full knowledge of something’.
Many people ‘know’ things only to live like they were not true.
I heard a story recently of a many who never wore a seatbelt. His friends and family would badger him, but he refused to buckle up. Then one day one of his friends got in a car with him and, before pulling away, noticed that he put his seat belt on. On enquiring as to the change, he recounted how one of his friends had had an accident and had “gone through the wind screen”!
This man had the information before, but only now does he have wisdom (knowledge).
Wisdom is when knowledge changes your life.
Paul prays that we would have the Holy Spirit’s empowering presence to teach the wisdom that He gives. The greatest thing that the Spirit wants us to acquire is to ‘know Him better’; true wisdom sees this great prize and runs after it; this is the wisdom that only the Spirit can give.
You may want to pray something like this,
Father, I pray that you would give me the Spirit of wisdom; I need to know you better; I need a deeper desire to want to know you better. Let me live each day like I really know your love and grace toward me.

In Jesus name, amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.