Monday 31 October 2016

Devotional Tuesday 1/11/16 – John 17:7-8 Now we know Jesus

20:00 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments

Who do you say that Jesus is? Your view on the identity of Jesus will come under attack. Demonic forces are at work in the world to belittle Jesus.
To meditate/pray upon
John 17:7-8 “Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.  For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.”
John 5:19-20   “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.”
John 14:9-11 “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves”.
Who is Jesus? An interesting man? A teacher? A miracle worker? Political agitator? Jesus is many things, but principally, He is God in the flesh, doing the work of God. The disciples had doubts, but over time, and particularly after the resurrection, they would come to ‘know’ that Jesus was who He claimed to be – one with the Father and only doing the works of God.
Your view on the identity of Jesus will come under attack. Demonic forces are at work in the world to belittle Jesus; to raise other prophets, teachers, philosophers, heroes, celebrities, to a similar status as Christ. We face pressure to be more expansive and generous toward others, which, in effect, remove Jesus’ unique and special identity as God’s only Son, the only Saviour, Lord and God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.