Monday 3 October 2016

Devotional 4/10/16 – John 16:2-6 “I have warned you”

20:54 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments

Jesus warns His disciples that people will crucify Him and attack the church. If we think that everyone will be for us and agree with what we stand for, we are in for disappointment. Let’s be those who are prepared to be unpopular.
To meditate/pray upon
John 16:2-5 “They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.  They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.  I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. I did not tell you this from the beginning because I was with you, but now I am going to him who sent me…”
Matthew 10:38-39  “Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.”
Jesus has warned us of the opposition that one will face who decides to live as a witness for Christ. We have a choice, we can seek to live a comfortable, trouble free life as we hide our light, living formally and innocuously; alternatively, we can let our light shine, being open about the gospel and our values.
Are you facing any opposition? If not, why not? Could it be that we are not speaking about sin and the saviour?
You can catch up on all the messages in the John series at:
Audio Resources

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.