Monday 31 October 2016

Devotional Monday 31/10/16 – John 17:6 Given to the Son

11:15 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments

When you are tempted to doubt your worth or that of another Christian. Let these words encourage you.
To meditate/pray upon
John 17:6 “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.”
John 6:37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away”.
John 10:27-30 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
If you are a Christian it is because the Father chose you (Election) and gave you to Jesus.
What is the basis of our being chosen to be given to Christ? Mercy! There is nothing special or godly about those whom God chooses. His choice gives glory to His mercy, it points to Him.
What is the result of this? You will seek to obey God’s word, seek to honour Christ and live for Him above all things. The fruit of obedience to God’s word will always follow true conversion; This obedience starts with believing in who Jesus is as Lord and Saviour.
‘Election is the cause of our salvation, sanctification is our evidence. Sanctification is the ear-mark of Christ’s elect sheep’ (Thomas Watson)

Let these words spur you on to obedience to God’s word and faithfulness to Christ. But Jesus also wants to fill you will the joy and assurance of His love and grace toward you as, in eternity past, He chose you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.