Tuesday 29 November 2016

Devotional Wednesday 30/11/16 – John 18:7-9 “I have not lost any”

15:37 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments

If you are a Christian, you will never be lost! Just as He protected the twelve on this dark night, so He is aware of you, and is protecting you each and every day.
To meditate/pray upon
John 18:7-9Again he asked them, “Who is it you want?” “Jesus of Nazareth,” they said. Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. If you are looking for me, then let these men go.”  This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: “I have not lost one of those you gave me.”’
John 17:12 “While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.”
John 6:39 “And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.”
Here we see the glorious confidence of Christ that He will not lose any of the disciples. In 17:12, we saw how, although Judas was lost, this was known by God in advance, and was a vital part of God’s plan of salvation (without Judas, there would be no cross!)
If you are a Christian, you will never be lost! Just as He protected the twelve on this dark night, so He is aware of you, and is protecting you each and every day.

Take a moment to remember and express again your trust that God has you in His hand. He will protect you every day. He will take you to heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.