Saturday 26 November 2016

Devotional Saturday 26/11/16 – John 17:25-26 “That the love you have for me may be in them”

13:03 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments

How is your love for Jesus? The Spirit wants it to grow!
To meditate/pray upon
John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
John 16:12-13 12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”
Matthew 17:5 “While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Jesus expresses His unity with the Spirit’s ministry in continuing to teach us. Jesus, by the Spirit, continues to make God known to us, refreshing, reinforcing, and deepening our conviction and love.
Jesus expresses His purpose in teaching us – that we love Him like the Father loves Him. It’s true that the Spirit teaches us about how God loves us, and this is very important. But, too often unlighted I think, is the Spirit’s ministry as He teaches us to love God. He is wanting to shine a light on Christ, His person and work, bringing revelation to us, and causing our hearts to swell with admiration for Him.
Whatever else maybe God’s will for you, His priority is that your love for Christ be ever stronger.
How are you doing in this?
Is your prayer that you would love God more or that He would reveal His love for you more? Let’s remember to pray for both!
You can catch up on all the messages in the John series at:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.