Thursday 24 November 2016

Devotional Friday 25/11/16 – John 17:24 “I want them with me and to see my glory”

21:17 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments
No matter what you do, or what is done to you, if Jesus has saved you, you will never be lost!
To meditate/pray upon
John 17:24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.”
John10:27-30 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
Romans 8:30 “And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”
Jesus is praying that all who become Christians will be in heaven and see His glory.
If you are a Christian you cannot be lost. No matter what you do or think, no matter what is done to you, if you are a Christian you cannot be lost!
“What!” you say, that sounds like the moral equivalent of printing money to sin! Well, do you choose not to sin because you might be lost? Of course not! You choose not to sin because you love Jesus.
Let’s put it this way, will you be more inclined to please someone who cares for you and will never reject you, or someone whose acceptance is based upon your good performance? You want to please God because His amazing grace has justified you and will never let you go.
Jesus’ will, that you be in eternal glory, will be fulfilled. We will see the majesty and splendor of God forever. This is the certain hope of all who have believed on Christ.
You can catch up on all the messages in the John series at:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.