Monday 12 September 2016

Devotional 12/9/16 – John 15:9 Remain in His Love

12:00 Posted by Matthew Beaney No comments
The measure and manner of Jesus love for us is seen in the perfect love of the Father for the Son; what is this love like?
      Eternal -  The Father and Son have been in perfect relationship eternally; so, God has known and loved us eternally!
      Perfect - there was nothing in Jesus other than what is perfect beauty. So now, having been justified by faith, the Father sees nothing in us except Jesus’ perfect beauty.
      Joyful
Mark 1:11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
      Why are we loved, rejoiced over, delighted in? Because we are ‘in Christ’ his righteousness in ours!
It is amazing to say that the Father loves us as much as He love His Son! But how often do we fail to go through our days with our hearts brimming with the joy that this should bring? Another element of ‘remaining in the vine’ is remaining in Jesus’ love; Let’s receive and living in God’s perfect love today. 
To meditate/pray upon
John 15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
You can catch up on all the messages in the John series at:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.